30,000 parcels of land documented
< 30 days to complete 100% of project
$100,000’s saved versus traditional method
1,100 daily Vues completed on average
iVueit recently completed a Residential, Commercial, and Vacant Property site survey for The City of Albany, GA. The objective of this project was to determine the scale of damage remaining from Hurricane Michael which caused widespread destruction throughout the city in 2018.
When the Department of Planning and Development Services received their Community Development Block Grant in 2020, it was imperative to partner with a contractor that could collect, review and share the tremendous amount of property data required for the city to make informed decisions impacting economic development.
The iVueit Solution
- Leveraged the 100’s of Vuers who already had the iVueit app downloaded to complete nearby surveys in their own community as well as recruit new Vuers through tv and digital advertising
- Filtered hundreds of thousands of dollars back into hands of Albany residents who completed the Vues
- Cut project projection time from 1+ year to only 21 days, while simultaenously freeing up Albany’s internal resources to focus on other projects
- Maximized CDBG funding by saving hundreds of thousands of dollars on the survey portion of their recovery plan
How Will This Information Benefit the City of Albany?
- Aid in building a resiliency plan & identify ways that will help Albany build back stronger
- Provide additional information to investors & businesses looking to invest to make an economic development impact
- Will lead to more businesses and citizens being attracted to Albany which will help promote quality neighborhoods for the city
The City of Albany, Georgia, needed a parcel-by-parcel inventory of the entire jurisdiction. The project’s purpose is to assess property conditions throughout the City. The survey is a huge undertaking, with over 30,000 parcels that need to be photographed and evaluated. Fortunately for us, iVueit was just the company to take on this project. They have been extremely easy to work with, and we are very satisfied with the relationship so far.
-Paul Forgey, Director of Planning & Development
WALB News 10 -Albany hopes to update a majority of structures years after Hurricane Michael
Albany Herald – Planning & Development to conduct parcel survey
Fox 31 – Vuers to take pictures of Albany for storm survey
iVueit Explained 6.0 – Disaster Response Vues
Yahoo!Finance – Planning & Development to conduct parcel survey
Vuer Testimonials – Earn $500 in one day
Case Study – Albany Georgia Disaster Response Vues